I’m just trying to compare Caroline’s and Fitz’s role in the development of Lizzie’s judgement of Darcy’s character using the vids embedded above: EP32 AND EP58.
It is important to note that:
- Caroline and Fitz are both Darcy’s friend.
- Here, they both make Lizzie understand Darcy’s character better.
- Caroline dishes out on Darcy’s BAD and hateful characteristics.
- Fitz points out Darcy’s greatest characteristics.
- Caroline is furthering Lizzie’s hate.
- Fitz is trying to make Lizzie see that her hate might have been misplaced.
- Clearly, the two have different motives.
- Caroline is trying to pull them apart.
- Fitz is trying to bring them together.
- Caroline succeeded in her motive.
- Fitz, though he tried, made an epic fail.
- Lizzie’s feelings get better on the first video (albeit Caroline’s intentions were bad)
- Lizzie’s feelings get worse on the second video (albeit Fitz’s intentions were good)
But I think we’ve reached that one of the few points in the book where Darcy could actually appear.
I have never really talked about this show in my blog ever, have I? Shame on me.